Hey Mister Gurlies!
(This is my saying now. My parents have no idea where I learned it, or I'm just not telling. ).
I would like to take this time to discuss the Jacobs Journey Across the World! Or, well, to Union Pier, Michigan. But it took FIVE HOURS by CAR, so it might as well have been on the other side of the planet for all I know. Time in the car spent with my parents wasn't toooo bad. I only had my portable DVD player, a thousand DVDs to choose from (really, I just shuffle between the Shreks, Ice Age, Lion King, and occasionally Baby Einstein, but I'm pretty much over Baby Einstein now. I mean, Baby Einstein? What's that? I'm waaaaay too cool for that), my Computer (a.k.a. the LeapFrog, a.k.a. the Kids iPad), and good ol' fashion I-Spy with Mommy.
So anyway, we had tons of fun on vacation this year! We rented a house that was only a few miles away from Lake Michigan and a beach! Still, we had lots of cool things called "amenities" at our place. I like "amenities." We had our own pool, a volleyball court, a sweet tree house with a slide, and a fire pit! One of my favorite things to do was to swim with Papi and Skylee. Papi showed me how to hold my breath and go under water. Did I ever tell you that I'm Super Brave? I would jump in the pool with no floaties on! Papi of course would be right there to catch me, but I wanted to show Papi how brave I was and told him to keep going back back back!
Aside from the house, we actually went out and did may cool things. We went to the beach a few times where I got to play in the sand, run around in the waves, and just be goofy. And then we went on a Boat Cruise! We saw lots of neat lighthouses, other boats, and lots and lots of Lake Michigan. You could even see Chicago in the Way, Way, Way Far Distance. We also went to a place called a Winery where all the Big People got to drink wine, and there was this great band that played some cool and fun songs.
| I'm Driving the Boat! |
Much to Daddy's dismay, I really like Taylor Swift. Daddy told me that it's okay that I like all of this Pop Music. I am only 2.75 years old. But eventually when I get older he will get me to appreciate bands like Pink Floyd, Black Sabbath, Led Zeppelin, Radiohead, and the National (Mommy hates the National. In fact, Daddy knows of exactly zero other people who like the National. He's real cool, let me tell ya. He's just like Jake Gyllenhal listening to the Indie Record that's much cooler than Taylor Swift's [that's a reference to her song!]). Whatever man! Give me my Pop Music!
| Sitting on Daddy's shoulders is the best way to travel at the Zoo! |
But even though I can't spend my entire life on Vacation, I still have fun in little old Cincinnati. Daddy and Mommy have taken turns in taking me to the Zoo the past three weekends. The Zoo is pretty flippin' fun! I got to see a Flamingo Parade one weekend. Like, as in, right in the middle of the Zoo! They were Baby Flamingos, and the Zoo Keepers were getting them to exercise. Man! And I thought the Zoo Animals had the life of luxury! My favorite things to do at the Zoo are to ride the Train and then ride the Carousel. I've been on a great Big Shark, a White Tiger, and a Zebra! But seeing the other animals is cool, too, but not as fun.
The Other Cool Thing That Wasn't on Vacation was go to the Cincinnati Children's Museum with my Cousin Ronny, Grandma Nancy, Aunt Jo, Uncle Mike, and Daddy. We got to see a pretty sweet new Dinosaur Exhibit. I was pretty nuts because I've been there before and I wanted to show Ronny everything that was there. He wanted to take his time and take pictures. Psh, whatever. After that, I spent the night at Aunt Jo's place and we went to a park the next day in Oxford, OH. I had so much fun climbing on everything. I constantly remind everyone that I am All Boy.
Last but not least, the other really Cool and Brave thing that I did was have Surgery! I know! Crazy, right? It was for my ears. Apparently there is too much fluid in them, so I needed to put some Tubes in them. I'm all better now! I was really Brave throughout the whole surgery, but when it was over, I definitely asked if I could go home afterward. I was pretty tired. Here's the evidence:
Well, as usual, I never think I have anything to say and then I say a whole bunch. Hope all is well with everyone!
-WDJ
1 comment:
Hi I'm Heather! Please email me when you get a chance, I have a question about your blog! LifesABanquet1(at)gmail.com
Post a Comment