Thursday, October 30, 2008

Deer Meat Anyone?

I learned many interesting facts about Cincinnati, Ohio today in a rather unfortunate way. First, I learned that if you have an accident with a deer, it's yours and you can keep it for meat. Second, you cannot shoot deer in the city limits (you can only bow hunt them or kill them with cars) and therefore Hamilton County, Ohio has a massive over population problem this fall...
I experienced this first hand today when I was hit by a kamakazi deer in our neighborhood, right down the street from Dave's school. Babmi crossed three lanes of traffic before chosing the Solara and hit me right at the driver's side front wheel and then proceeded to role up the hood/windshield and over the top of my NEW car.
I wasn't hurt thankfully but it was pretty scary and now it's going to be a headache dealing with the police and insurance. Apparently I was about 50 feet from the Green Township line and technically on the City of Cincinnati territory and therefore the City of Cincinnati police have to file the report. They were too busy to come out and so I was instructed to just call them later and file a report by phone (thanks guys).
So if anyone reads this and wants some free deer meat, stop by North Bend Road, just down from LaSalle. Look for this:


























1 comment:

LewisFam said...

I would have freaked out! I am glad you are ok though. Do they still sell those deer whistles you can put on your car?