Hello everybody!
I've had some exciting new things happen in the past month. One of the most awesome new things is that I'm starting to smile a lot more! I give my smiles much more frequently and my mommy and daddy love it. Plus, I am starting to have "reaction smiles." Dad likes to make goofy sounds and faces at me, and I'm loving it! Keep it up with the goofiness, dad. Or, since mommy and daddy like to tell me "More smiles, please": More silliness, please.
I am also becoming a great talker and singer. I've been saying lots of "oooohs" and "ah-goooos." I'm just trying to imitate my mommy and daddy who like to sing to me. I think they are the most fantastic, superific singers in the world. I could not imagine any two singers who could sing any better. I've heard of this girl named Taylor Swift. She has NOTHING on MY mommy. Mommy likes to sing Christmas songs to me, and she likes to make up songs on the spot. Daddy sings to me songs like "American Pie," "Piano Man," Pearl Jam songs, and Green Day Songs. Both mommy and daddy say that they need to brush up on their lyrics. That's okay, I think they're awesome and they might become the new John and Yoko.
Daddy also started to read to me Ulysses by James Joyce, which is a fantastic and interesting novel. We've already read four chapters, and daddy told me that he wants to read a book to me that he's never finished. He told me that it doesn't matter what he reads to me; it's just the act of reading that will help me in my speech development (okay, dad, Whatever *eye roll*).
Mom says I'm like daddy because I talk the most usually in the mornings. I usually like to discuss my ideas about existentialism and Platonic love, but Sunday my mommy and daddy missed what I was trying to tell them. You see, daddy likes to watch this really sad-sack football team called the Stupid Bungles (that's what he calls them). They lost to the Equally Stupid Steelers (I don't quite get the difference), but then the Oh No Don't Throw It to THAT Guy Bears forgot to field their A-Team and lost to the Pretty Prissy Patriots (next time, hopefully they'll put in Mr. T, Hannibal, and Murdock; I'm sure there's no job that they can't do). During the Bears game, I was talking for pretty much the entire second half. Mom and dad thought I was trying to give them a pep talk about their crappy teams, but what I was TRYING to tell them was that I had my own crappy team in my pants, and no one was listening to me (it was pretty gross, let me tell ya').
Anyway, this past month I had a great time at Mimi and Papi's brand spanking new house. I finally got to meet my Mom-o and Pop-o! They are mommy's mommy's mommy and daddy, so they are my Great Mimi and Great Papi, and they sure were great! Mom-o made sure that she got to hold me as much as possible, and she frequently played her "Great Grandma Trump Card" any time someone else tried to hold me.
So life is going great! I'm getting bigger and stronger, too. I haven't seen Mr. Doctor in a while, but daddy weighed himself and then weighed me to see that I was roughly 13 pounds. I don't like to lie on my stomach, but I am able to move my head back and forth and hold my head up high.
Looks like there are only 12 days until Christmas. I hope I'm going to get that new Cherry Red Corvette that I've always wanted! Dad says that I should ask for one and he'll keep it in really good condition until I can drive. I can't wait to see everyone at Christmas!
-WDJ
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing :-). I can just imagine the moments you are sharing with Will. Who would have thought all those nights of singing along back on Chambers would have prepared you for fatherhood, I am sure they also had an impact on the lyrics being foggy as well.
Hopefully the Bengals and Flyers can get their acts together so Will does not grow up to be a Browns or Xavier fan. We can't have that!
Post a Comment