Saturday, November 13, 2010

Will Jacob @ Two Months: Ecce, Puer!


Salvete, Populus Mundi!

Hi everyone! Daddy and mommy want me to be super-star student, so they've been teaching me some Latin. I just said, "Hello, People of the World!" and the title of the journal says, "Behold, the Boy!" Other than Latin, mommy and daddy are reading books to me everyday like "One Fish, Two Fish, Red Fish, Blue Fish," "Goodnight, Moon," and "Infinite Jest" by David Foster Wallace (Dad thinks I will understand that book before he will).

I've been gaining weight this past month, and the doctor weighed me at 10 lbs. and 8 oz. just yesterday. I'm also exactly 24 inches long! My mommy, though, is a little depressed because I only need to grow 36 inches more to become taller than she (it's really 39.5 inches, but daddy says that's why he needs to teach me math). My cheeks are becoming fuller and my legs are getting stronger. I can stand up if mommy or daddy holds me. I'm also starting to smile a little bit more often. I think it's mostly from farting, but don't tell mater et pater (sorry, I mean, mommy and daddy). They can't wait until I start smiling when they tickle me or bounce me up and down.



I got to celebrate my first Halloween this year! Mommy and daddy went to a pumpkin-carving party and mommy did a great job carving a scary face (I wasn't scared of it), and daddy's job was to get the goopy stuff out of the middle. For actual Halloween, I dressed up as a pumpkin, and everyone said I was the most pulchritudinous puer that they've met! (which means that I'm a cute guy, of course)

This past week has been very interesting for me. Mommy and daddy celebrated their third anniversary on Wednesday, and I got to spend time with Grandma Nancy and Grandpa Mark. Mommy and daddy went out to eat at Bella Luna, which is Italian for "beautiful moon." Dad told me that it probably should be "luna bella," but I told dad that he's a dork. Dad got mom perfume, and mom got dad cologne. I guess they both smell like stercus (poopy).

On Friday, mommy got a call from the daycare center, and they said that I had a rash on my arms. Mom called the doctor and dad picked me up early from daycare to take me in. It wasn't a big deal at all. I just need to put some lotion on my skin because I've got really sensitive skin like mommy and daddy (Mommy said I have princess skin... Mom, I have to disagree. I've got M.C. Hammer-like skin: It's so cool, you can't touch it.).

Also on Friday, I got a surprise visit from Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Bob. Right now mommy and Grandma Kathy are taking me shopping (or, as dad calls it, unnecessary torture), and Grandpa Bob and daddy are watching football (man, I missed out).

Well, until next time, remember these words of wisdom: Faber est quisque fortunae suae:
Every man is architect of his own fortune.

Valete, omnes! Goodbye, everyone!

No comments: