Tuesday, August 23, 2011

The Cincinnati Zoo has Lots of Animals! And Other Adventures!


Two weekends ago I got to see tons of animals at the Cincinnati Zoo! This was my second trip to the zoo and I'm still amazed at all the different animals! Monkeys! Manatees! Elephants! And did I mention monkeys?!! (Monkeys are awesome, by the way)
It was kind of hot that day, but mommy made me wear a hat to help keep me cool, even though I generally dislike hats, as evidenced by my sourpuss face at the top.
I even got to go to a special section called the Petting Zoo. Mommy took me in so I could get real close and personal with all of these goats! They were pretty cool! Everyone kept feeding them food. I think they eat even more than I do at dinner! Mommy wondered if they rotate goats from day to day so that the goats don't get too fat. Hmmm... interesting thoughts, mommy. Interesting thoughts. I think you would make a great Zoo Person!
Anyway, this past weekend we went to visit Uncle Tophy and Aunt Alyssa to see Uncle Tophy's new apartment in Indianapolis. It's really nice! It's much, much bigger than Uncle Tophy's last place. Daddy drove a Uhaul to deliver a couch and a love seat to his new place. Once they brought them in, however, I thought something was missing... Uncle Tophy's yellow couch! It was in the trailor that Papi Bob brought from Peoria, and I had thought that Uncle Tophy got rid of it. Thank goodness he didn't! It smells like Augie Doggie! So much so that it makes the entire room smell like Augie Doggie! It's a wonderful smell!
On our way home to Cincinnati, we saw two lost dogs on the side of the highway. They made mommy and daddy really worried because they might get hurt. So they stopped on the side of the road and helped the doggies out. The big black lab was a very sweet natured girl! She was very thankful and jumped in the car right away. The other doggie was very scared and ran away back into the woods. Mommy called the Indiana State Police to alert them of a runaway doggie. Luckily, as we found out later, that doggie ran back to his owner.
The very sweet black lab, on the other hand, stayed the night with us! We took her to a veterinarian to make sure that she was okay, and she was! (She had a few ticks, but nothing bad) Luckily the doggie had a tag for her own veterinarian. Mommy called, left a message, and the veterinarian called back the next day to let us know who the doggie's owner was. His name was Earl and he was worried sick about losing his doggie. We took the doggie back to Earl and he was very grateful. It turns out that the other doggie -- the one who was scared and ran away -- was his, too, so it all worked out in the end!
What a week I've had! More adventures to come as I'm turning One Year Old VERY soon! Can you believe that?! It's exciting!
Make sure you get your birthday presents for me purchased soon, because I'm pretty darn cute and I deserve it. Just kidding, folks. I don't need any presents; I just need your presence. And maybe some cold hard cash. That never hurt anyone! I hope to see everyone soon!
-WDJ

No comments: