Hey Everybody!
 |
| I Am Boy and Hear Me CHOMP! |
Just wanted to update you on some new things in my life, my going ons, my whatnots, and stuff. Did you hear that I have passed the First Stage in becoming a Big Boy? Daddy converted my crib into a daybed! Daddy spent 2 (maybe 3) hours working on that darn thing. He had about two false starts (he says it's only one, but I'm pretty sure, knowing daddy, it was more) when putting the crib together. He told me that an English major with a mathematical brain should have written the stupid instructions for the crib. But alas, not everyone can be as awesome as my Daddy!
 |
| Mimi, Papi, Uncle Tophy, and Me! |
Part of the reason for the daybed is... I've been making Great Escapes. Like, two nights in a row I got out of my crib four times (that's an average of two per night, Daddy says... Math genius, you see!). Mommy would put me to bed, and within a few minutes, they'd hear a
thud! and the pitter patter of my feet. I'd then go to my bedroom door and pound the ever-loving heck out of my door. The door -- for being a new house that only Mommy, Daddy, Me, and Puggles have lived in -- the door doesn't work all that great at being a door. I mean, doors are supposed to stay closed, right? Even if a person just bangs on it and does not even turn the knob, a door is supposed to stay closed, right? Wrong! I can now get out of my room just fine, thank you! So Daddy had to get a Child Proof Door Knob Rubber Thingy (trademarked) so that I can't get out of the room.
Really, I was kind of being a Stinker with this whole "going to bed" thing. I mean, I used to like going to bed and just chillaxin' there, reading my books, playing with Mr. Monkey or Mr. Puppy, and giving them my Binky and pretending that they have to go Night-Night, too. But... yeah, not so much anymore. Daddy and Mommy had two consecutive nights in a row... Okay, I will admit it: I was being a brat. I know, I know! I am super cute and very sweet at times... but other times I have my Willizilla moments. You know, crying and carrying on, snot coming down from my nose, refusing to go to bed even though I was
clearly tired and yawning and way past my bedtime. Daddy said that one night, after Mommy put me into my Big Boy Daybed for the second (maybe even third) time, it looked like they had a Screaming Gremlin from the 9th Dimension. Really, it was like a horror movie: Mommy put me down, I slowly climb my way out of bed, she runs for the door like all those girls do in the movie, and I just Cry-Wail -- with arms flailing all over the place -- after mom.
Last night, I was cool with going Night-Night. Maybe it was just a phase. Or maybe it was because Daddy did it last night (no joke) and he's awesome at stuff.
 |
| Toughest Boy Ever! |
So yeah, things are going great right now. My verbal skills are pretty much off the charts. I can say just about anything that other people say (good stuff and naughty stuff... cough, cough, Grandma Nancy!). I am still doing my ABC's pretty well, and I can count (!) all the way up to 14! With help, of course. And I'm not too sure if I totally get the concept of numbers and stuff, but I do enjoy numbers (like Daddy, who is awesome at English, too). Of course, the other day I was given both a cup for milk and water, and I said, "I have two cups!" Aren't I amazing! Colors are another thing that I'm getting used to, but the other day I said, "Red truck," and it was actually red! I also like stuff that is "big." Big Dog. Big Trucks. Big Balls. And Big Rocks! Uncle Geologist Tophy has been such a good influence on me! I love going around and collecting rocks. I have a nice rock collection that Mommy, for some reason, wants to keep outside (I think it's so she's not tempted to throw one at Daddy for his constant boasting...).
 |
| Grandma, Cousin Ronny, and Me! |
 |
| Clearly, I am more focused on my goldfish crackers. |
A couple more things: last weekend I got to celebrate Grandma's birthday (she says she's 29... she's so old!) at Aunt Jo and Uncle Mike's house! Grandma took me around to collect rocks and I accidentally fell and got a big bruise on my forehead (as you can see in the picture from above). But I'm a tough boy and didn't cry (much... okay, I may have cried just a little bit). Cousin Ronny was also there and we got to play in his new inflatable kiddy pool that Aunt Katie and Uncle Sean brought. I had so much fun swimming! Which reminds me: next week I am going to Las Vegas with my Mommy's family! I am looking forward to spending quality time with Mimi and Papi and et al. They were at my Crib (i.e. house) a couple weeks ago along with Uncle Tophy. We got to go the Aquarium and see lots of fish and sharks and alligators! I also got to eat this new thing called Water-Melly (as you can tell from the pictures on top)! Man, my entire family is just awesome and fun!
I love everyone!
-WDJ
No comments:
Post a Comment