Monday, July 16, 2012

Vegas Vacay!

Hey everybody!


I just had my second Vacay ever!  And this year we went to Las Vegas!  I had a TON of fun in Vegas, but I can't tell you ANYTHING because, you know, what goes on in Vegas, stays in... Ah, who am I kidding?!  I'll tell you every last detail!


First off, we didn't get to Vegas until VERY late on Friday.  First we had to fly to Atlanta first and then to Vegas.  Isn't it crazy that the pilot didn't know that he had to just keep going west?  I'm sure he had enough gas to get there.  It seems strange to me.  But we didn't get in until 12:30 a.m. on Friday (really, Saturday), but that was Vegas time... which meant that it was 3:30 a.m. Cincinnati time (!).  Oh my goodness!  You'd think that after all that traveling and being up waaaaaay past my bedtime, that I'd be cranky.  Oh no! Once I saw Mimi and Papi and the rest of the gang, I was super happy!




After spending the night in a hotel, we went to our Rental Super Awesome House.  Not only was it Super and Awesome, it is owned by the stepdad of Julianne Hough... Yeah, I don't know who that is, either.  Apparently she is famous for dancing with some stars and being in some movies or something.  I don't know, and, quite frankly my dears, I don't care.  Anyway, Mr. Aaron, Julianne's stepdad, was super nice to us.  He and his wife lived literally in the back yard of the mansion.  The House was so Super and so Awesome that it had to have a smaller house in the back because the other House couldn't contain all of the Super Awesomeoness.  They even joined us for dinner one night.  Very nice people.  




So yeah, here's some cool things about our House: it had a nice pool that had a deep end for the grown ups and then a kiddie pool attached to it.  Very nice!  We had an outdoor sound system so Daddy could play all of his songs from his iPod, and we had a ping pong table.  Daddy said that he won every match that he played against Uncle Tophy... apparently Daddy thinks I'm blind because it was quite the opposite.  



In addition to the pool, we had a Super Awesome Hot Tub.  I REALLY wanted to get in the Hot Tub all the time!  Okay, I only wanted to go in the Hot Tub when every one else was in the Hot Tub.  I just like to hang out with all my peeps and I don't like being left out.  Papi made sure that the temperature wasn't too hot and he held me the entire time.  Man, a Hot Tub is definitely Hot!  They sure weren't kidding when they called it a Hot Tub!

Other cool things about the house: We had a Putting Green, Pool Table, Darts, and a bunch of TVs and DVDs.  Really, this house was awesome.  




   
Even though much of vacation was spent just chillin' in the pool; listening to music; hanging out with my Super Cool Cousins Skylee and Gracie; and eating lots of chips and donuts and a bunch of other junk food that Mommy wouldn't normally let me eat; we did travel to a couple of places around Vegas.  We went to the Valley of Fire, which is just as cool as it sounds.  I got to see lots of Big Rocks all over the place, and many of them were the color of Lava Red.  Pretty neat.  Daddy, Tophy, Alyssa, Brandie, Ryan, Wes, and Beka all hiked a trail called Mouse's Tank, where they climbed some rocks and got to see some cool stuff.  Mommy and I stayed behind in a picnic area and we found our own Big Rocks all over the place, and we also say a Desert Mouse!  Pretty cool!

Another day we went to the Hoover Dam, which is not a bad word!  Oh no, it's a place that holds back all of this water.  We got to see some really cool views!  


Mommy and Daddy also did this thing called "gambling."  Really, it was mostly Daddy.  I asked Daddy what "gambling" was, and this is what he told me: Sitting down at a table, giving somebody called a "dealer" too much money, playing some cards, and then they don't give you your money back.  I really don't know why Daddy would just give money to somebody just to play cards.  He could do it at home for free!  Apparently the dealers took pity on Daddy on the first night and gave him back some of his money along with some of their own.  However, Daddy must've felt bad that he took their money, because the next two nights he gave them back all of their money plus some of his own.  I really don't get this "gambling."  


By the end of the Vegas Vacay I was pretty tuckered out.  Whatever was happening in Vegas, it can stay there.  Sometimes you just need your own Bed and your Home.  Even though our house isn't as big and it doesn't have a pool or a pool table... Wait a sec, let's go back to Vegas!  Just kidding, it's good to be home!

I hope all is well with everyone!

WDJ

No comments: