Saturday, April 2, 2016

Springing into New Territory

Howdy folks,

How's everyone doing?  Welp, lots of things, lots of things with the Jacob Family.  And most of it is very good if not great!  Here's a run down of all the things that have been going on, starting off with the most important person of the bunch, Yours Truly!



Will

Well, I am officially off into the Big Boy Territory.  I just signed up for kindergarten at St. Bernard's.  I am really excited!  I already know a few people who will be in my class!  I am becoming more and more interested in doing "homework," i.e., practicing my letters, working on my reading, drawing cool pictures, etc.  I've become quite the artist.  I can even draw better than my Daddy (Dad says that he verifies this statement).  I also like asking people Tough Math Problems, like what's 100 + 100?  (It's 200)  Or some variation of that.  I like math!



I also decided to stop going to karate.  I had a nice run.  I did it for a whole year!  But it got a little repetitive for me and I'm looking forward to signing up for soccer and/or swimming lessons (which reminds Dad... get on the ball, yo!).

Some other fun things I got to do:

- The Art of the Brick: Lots and lots of cool Lego Art Stuff!  This was an Exhibit at the Museum Center.





- Chuck-E-Cheese with my friend Zach!  I only ask to go to Chuck-E-Cheese and/or Toys 'R' Us about every five minutes because those places are awesome!  And I love hanging out with my friend/neighbor Zach



In a couple of months I will have my last day at daycare!  I will be doing lots of fun camps, like a Star Wars Camp and a Zoo Camp.  Fun stuff!

Those are my cousins Gracie and Skylee at Mimi's 60th birthday party!


Kara



Miss Missy Miss is becoming quite the Diva, a Drama Queen, if you will.  Sometimes when she gets upset, she will throw herself on the ground, covering her face.  She also ONLY wants Momma. Well, this may be an exaggeration, but if there's a choice between Da-da and Momma, you better believe she's asking for Momma.  Dad has figuratively become Chop Liver (Mom and Dad had to explain to me what that means, and I agree, Dad = Chop Liver).

Kara has developed this giggle-laugh that is something of a cross between an Impish Devil or a Devilish Imp, depending on what shenanigans she is about to get into.  Oh, what kind of shenanigans can a Sweet Girl Who's Not Even Two get into?  I'm glad you asked.

KARA SHENANIGANS:
1)  Climbing on the couch and running around like a big goof.  
2)  Spitting/Zerbating in your face
3)  Touching the oven WHILE IT'S ON
4)  Asking Kara to come here, and then you hear the Impish Devil Laugh, and she runs away in the opposite direction, like a FULL SPRINT.
5)  Taking toys out of Owen's hands, pushing him to the side when he wants to do something that she wants to do.
6) Climbing on our Big Outside Playset...

Don't Tell Mommy, Mimi, Grandma, or the Authorities that Ms. Kara was up here!

I am 100% positive that I missed about a thousand other things, but then the blog would become War and Peace and Ulysses put together.

And you know what's the worst thing about all of these Kara Shenanigans?  You can't really yell at her.  If you do, she says "Hi" in the sweetest, friendliest way possibly, and gives you a kiss and  a hug.  When she does this, doing something bad and then forcing you not to be mad at her, she goes from simply being a Bad Girl to the Embodiment of Pure Evil, or just a really, really Mischievous Girl.

Kara's language is also developing pretty well. She is starting to put phrases together, like I got it!  I can do it!  More mac 'n' cheese. She also says big words like Octopus and Dinosaur.



Kara also LOVES to Co-lee (coloring), just like me.  I am a MUCH better at coloring, but I'm sure she will catch up.... NEVER!

Owen





Owie Be-Dough-wee is developing language skills, too!  He is finally saying more words.  He loves to say Knock Knock and goes up to just about anything that is solid and knocks on it.  He likes to say Night Night, Fly, Daddy, Ma-Ma.  But his favorite words now are Hi and Thank You!  Owie either has a future in politics (I hope not) or a host to a TV show.  He loves Working the Room. Wherever we go, Owie walks up to every random person that he can find and simply says, Hi.  Gives them a little wave of his hand.  And then occasionally gives them a kiss.  Owen is our Sneaky Kissy Kisser, a Kissing Bandit.  We will just be hanging out and Owie, prompted by nothing but his own sweet nature, will come up and give you a Quick Kiss and a smile and say Hi.

His other favorite thing to do is to say Thank You!  He has the most positive, enthusiastic way of thanking you, and he thanks you for everything.  He could thank you for blinking he loves thanking you so much.  It's hard to describe his Thank You, but it has a special cadence to it.  He stresses each word equally, and the second  almost becomes two syllables.  THANK yoooUUUU! He says it so enthusiastically.

However, even though Owen may be the "Angel Child" compared to the She-Devil of his sister, he also has his shenanigans:



OWEN SHENANIGANS:
1)  Runs around the couch like a big goof.  What is the deal with kids running arou-- Hi-Yah! Sorry, I just had to do a karate jump off the couch myself.  I guess it runs in the family.
2)  Pots and Pans.  I swear, Owen either wants to be a cook when he grows up, or he just wants to annoy the heck out of us.  He loves to open up a cabinet and take out whatever pot and pan he can find.  Kara does this as well but not to Owen's degree.
3)  The Dog Bowls.  Oh my good lord the Dog Bowls.  For whatever reason unbeknowst to us, Owen loves the Dog Bowls.  The food dish is just Okay Fascinating, but somehow the Water Bowl is Mega Fascinating.  Like, what the heck is so Mega Fascinating about the gosh darn Water Bowl?  We don't just stare and look at the thing.  We have to dip our hands in it repeatedly.  We have to dip toys into it.  We have to pick it up and dump out all the water.  AND OWEN DOES THIS NEARLY EVERY DAY.
4) And then there's the milk.  Owen is now only allowed to hold a cup for exactly the amount of time that he is drinking it.  If he holds it any longer than the drinking time, you're just asking for a ticking time bomb of Milk All Over the Floor. AND OWEN DOES THIS NEARLY EVERY DAY (just like the Dog Bowls... it's a good thing we like this kid...).

On a more positive note, both Kara and Owen love to read books.  Kara sometimes likes to read on her own.  She will open up a book, and just start jabbering away with her own language.  Owen likes to pick up a book and then places it in your lap when he wants to read.  However, even though Da-da teaches English and loves to read, he has his limits on reading the same book over and over.  The book in question is Lost Baby Duck.  Baby Duck has gotten lost (oh no!) so many times (they found him! Yay!), the Witness Protection Program is jealous.  Daddy says that he is going to have to call his friends Rocko and Biff to make sure that Baby Duck sleeps with the fishes.

Both Kara and Owen also LOVE playing outside, and the weather is now changing so that we can explore outside more!



Finally, Mommy and Daddy just got a surgery scheduled for Mr. Owen on May 25.  We're actually going to do a 2-for-1 all on one day!  (2 surgeries for the "price" of 1...  Daddy instructed me to use quotations there because he says that insurance companies are the Embodiment of Pure Evil, not Miss Kara, and there is no way on this Green Earth that we won't pay the full gosh darn price for the surgeries [editor's note: that was highly edited]).

Surgery #1: He has what is scientifically known as Goopy Eye.  It's about the best way to describe what he has.  He wakes up, and he has Goopy Eye.  Like, his eye sneezed and has eye boogers (gross!). Poor little guy.  When he wakes up, sometimes he can't open up one of his eyes because it's crusted over.  Gross!  Sorry for the overshare.  So the doctor is going to fix his tear duct to get rid of his Goopy Eye.

Surgery #2:  Owen will have a Little Tiny Tube placed in his right ear (the good one) to help drain it.  Poor little guy.  His left ear does not have an opening in it, AND the right one gets fluid, so he has Double Ear Trouble.  What's the deal, yo?  Is the Universe conspiring against this child or what?

 Speaking of his ear, we finally got his BaHa Hearing Aid down pat.  It's this little device that goes on a head band on his head.  Well, that little device can detached easily, and, well, you can only imagine what happens with our family. One Sunday we spent Three Hours looking for that thing.  I mean, this thing costs about 500 trips to Chuck-E-Cheese! (that's $10 a trip)  Long story short, we found it, and then we got this tiny little string/wire/plastic thing that we hooked onto the the Hearing Aid, which we can then clip on to his shirt.  It works great!  Now we don't have to worry about keeping the Hearing Aid on Owen when we leave the house.

So that's that, folks.  To send us off, here's our Second Annual St. Patty's Day Picture!  Let's see if we can keep this thing going!  (Kara doesn't seem like she wants to)


-WDJ

No comments: