Did you know that in less than one month I will become an Official Big Kid? That's right! I am going to start kindergarten at St. Bernard's! Can you believe how fast time has gone? Mommy and daddy sure can't. I am very super excited! Mom just bought some new clothes for me. Apparently I have to wear this thing called a Uniform that involves things like Buttoning and such. I know I am Five Turning Six Soon, but I still need to work on Buttoning. Yeesh. The things you have to do to be an Official Big Kid.
Well, my summer has been pretty darn busy. I've been to Soccer Camp, Dinosaur Camp, Jedi Camp, Bible School Camp, and Zoo Camp. We also just came back from vacation in Michigan City, Indiana; and within a week I get to spend a week with Mimi and Papi in Peoria where I get to go to ANOTHER Bible Camp. Hmmm.. I wonder if Mom and Dad are trying to tell me that it's important to learn stuff from the Bible. I don't know...
Wait, what's that? Enough about Will? You didn't come here to read about Mr. Official Big Kid but the Tiny Little Twerps that I call my brother and sister? Am I the third banana now or what? (Don't answer that)
Kara Ba-Where-A
So Ms. Kare-Bear is becoming sillier and sillier by the day-hour-minute. She likes to twirl around and go Woh-Woh-Woh, just for the heck of it. She will fall on her butt on purpose and say, Woopsie Daisies! The other day Mom found Kara in her closet. She was standing in front of a full length mirror, shaking her booty back and forth and sticking her tongue out. She was saying, Wiggle, wiggle! Tpbsss! Tpbsss! Oh man, Kare-Bear, if only we could've recorded that for a future boyfriend.
Kara also does not believe you half the time and says, Are you kidding me?! She also loves to say Happy Day! when it's someone's birthday, like the twins! They just turned the big 2.0 on June 7. Can you believe that? We got celebrate their Happy Day quite a few times with them. Kara got to celebrate with all of the seemingly hundreds of thousands of Baby Dolls that she has, but, even though it was a Happy Day, Kara's Baby Dolls are always sad and crying. In the morning after Kara wakes up, she finds a Baby Doll, it's crying. At lunch, Kara shoves a mouthful of either Ham, Chicken Nuggets, or More Ham (and nothing else, mind you), and with her mouth filled with Name That Meat, her Baby Doll Cries. If we're watching any one of her shows, Baby Doll cries. Kara's Baby Dolls are somehow the most traumatized Baby Dolls on the planet. We haven't figured out why or how, but those Baby Dolls need some Major Therapy.
Unfortunately, unlike the Baby Dolls, Kara has more than one mood. In fact, she has three: Sad (much like the Baby Dolls), Super Silly Happy, and Mad. Kara has developed into quite the Drama Queen. Ms. Kara likes to be Sad. Sometimes we know why (dog scratched her, Owen stole a toy), sometimes not. Sometimes we can fix her crying by ALSO crying with her. Nine times out of ten, Kara will stop crying to tell you to Be Happy. Kara definitely has a future in being a hostess because she's very concerned if you're Happy or not. But if she's mad, very little can be done. She will close her eyes to pretend that she can't see you. Even when she's mad, she's silly.
Owie-Ba-Doh-Wee
Mr. Owen is doing much better with his talking and signing! He's been going to a Speech Therapist about twice a month for the past three months, and he's showing some great signs of improvement! He's getting better at this thing called Enunciation. He is saying more words and he says them very clearly! He said, "Hi Grandma!" the other day, and he likes to tell us that a giraffe has a "loooooong neck!" Some of the signs that he has learned is Open, Go, Stop, Play, Up, and Down. Not only can he say little phrases, he loves to sing! We will catch him singing songs to himself just out of nowhere. He sings Twinkle Twinkle, Wheels on the Bus, and Five Little Ducks. He does the motions to the songs as well. He's a smart little guy! Kara is also a great singer and loves songs just as much.
Not only does Owen like to sing, but he LOVES to dance! My little bro has some rhythm! If he's listening to a song, he likes to bop his head up and down, side to side. But when he dances, oh boy, he really gets into it. I call it the Twinkle Toe Dance. He moves one leg up on his Tippi Toe, and he kind of skips around the room. Very cute!
Owen also loves his books very much! He loves to pick out his favorite books and brings them over to Momma or Dadda. However, Owen has learned how to say Gentle, because instead of handing the books nicely to us, he likes to throw them at you, and I mean a FASTBALL. Yesterday he threw one and it hit Daddy's coffee cup filled with coffee. Yikes! To Owie's credit, he always gives us the book back gently after we give it back to him and tell him gentle.
Kara and Owen
Blankets: Both Kara and Owen love their blankets. We started calling Owen Linus because he sometimes carries his blanket around everywhere. However, it's not so much that he loves to carry around a blanket, it's that he loves to carry around SOMETHING. If it's not a blanket, it's usually a toy, most likely a car. One of his favorite cars, however, can't really qualify as a car. It's a truck, but... it has no wheels to it. So he carries around a Truck With No Wheels, and he likes to make Room-Room sounds with it. I'm sure when we go out and people see Owen with this Truck With No Wheels, they must think that he's a Red Headed Step Child or something.
Whereas Owen's blankets need to be Scratchy Face Blankets, Kara's blankets need to be Soft Monkey and 'Nana Blankets. As you may be able to tell, they are Super Soft, and one has a monkey on it, and the other has lots of bananas. She likes to rub the Soft Blankets on her face.
Playing: Kara and Owen have started playing more and more with each other. Acting goofy. Playfully pushing each other. Playing their own games of peek-a-boo.
Welp, that's about all that I have for your folks. Hope everyone is doing great!
-WDJ





No comments:
Post a Comment