Did you know that my mommy is Super Old? She just turned 30. Thirty! I mean, 30 years old for me is going to seem so old for so long for me, until I actually turn 30 myself and realize that it's not THAT old.
We spent the weekend in Indianapolis celebrating not only mommy's birthday, but also Aunt Beka, Mimi, and Uncle Ben's birthdays. That was a lot of celebrating! I had lots of fun because everyone wanted to hold me and play with me. I got to hang out with my cousin Skylee and she loved to hug me and help me put my bink back in (I like spitting it out just so I see how fast other people will scramble to put it back in... I'm a little stinker, aren't I? (In more ways than one, that's for sure)). I had my first time in the pool with mommy. It was a little cold at first, but it got much warmer and I had a lot of fun kicking the water around.
Even though it was my mommy's birthday, I got a present myself: a new Cubbies jump suit! Later on, daddy told me that the Cubbies usually play like doody, and I did a little business in my suit and had to be changed. Daddy said that that's okay... It's better to wear the clothes of winners, like the Reds!
Everyone who held me could only do for a short while because I've been gaining some massive weight over the past few months. Mommy and daddy thought I was going to be a quarterback, but with the pounds that I'm packing on, it'll be more like a fullback. Right now I weigh 18 pounds, 12 oz. (that's almost 19 pounds!) and I'm 26.25 inches tall. The doctor said that I was in the 75th percentile in weight, meaning that I'm a little bit heavier than the average baby of my age (5.5 months). But the doctor says that it's okay. I'm just a happy, healthy baby who likes to eat. Speaking of which, I've been loving the new nutritional regimen that mommy and daddy are having me eat: oatmeal with bananas, green beans, and squash! When I first started with solids, I wasn't too happy with it, but now I'm digging this new grub. I can't wait until I turn one so I can have my first taste of Skyline chili! I'm super excited!
Well, folks, it's waaaaay past my bedtime, so I better get going. I hope everyone is doing okay!
-WDJ
No comments:
Post a Comment